SMART Report Reveals Travel Sector Ad Growth
Millennial Media has released its monthly SMART report for July, with a topical focus, as everyone packs their bags for vacation, on the Travel industry. The report reveals that Travel was the number three vertical on Millennial’s platform, ranked by ad spend, behind Telecommunications in first place, and Finance in second. The Travel sector recorded 200 per cent year-on-year growth between Q1 2011 and Q1 2012, again taking third place behind Sports (287 per cent), and News (261 per cent).
The leading Travel sub-vertical, accounting for 57 per cent of campaigns, was Booking Agents & Sites, followed by Hotels, Resorts & Cruise Lines in second, and Airlines in third.
The leading campaign goal for Travel sector advertisers was sustained in-market presence. App download campaigns are included in this category, and 59 per cent of all Travel campaigns gave consumers the option to download an app as a post-click action. This was significantly higher than the overall average among all Millennial Media advertisers.
Millennial’s SMART (Scorecard for Mobile Advertising Reach and Targeting) report delivers regular insights on key trends in mobile advertising, based on campaign and platform data form Millennial’s network. You can sign up to receive this and other reports from Millennial here.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Mobile Marketing Contributed $139 bn to US Economy in 2012, says MMA
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Facebook: “Facebook is the primary function of a smartphone today”