Tagging the Nightlife with the Launch of Olmeca Tequila App
Pernod Ricard is launching NightTag, a 'nightlife social app' for iOS, Android and BlackBerry, as part of a mobile campaign for Olmeca Tequila. The app, created by media agency Amsterdam Worldwide, captures the location of the club the user is in using GPS, and what music is playing using Shazam-style recognition technology, and posts it to the user's Facebook Timeline.
NightTag also aims to help users discover and share music through Facebook through streaming radio channels, featuring international dance DJ Ferry Corsten's weekly Countdown podcas - part of Olmeca's ongoing deal with the artist.
"NightTag is anything but another branded app," says Brian Elliott, founder and CEO of Amsterdam Worldwide. "This is a place for stories to be told. A late night social lubricant that is useful, entertaining, relevant and supports Olmeca Tequila’s brand in a longer-lasting way than any ad impression. NightTag helps Olmeca get closer to consumers via mobile technology that enables nightlife lovers to tell Olmeca’s story across multiple media. This is a brand platform for the future."
- TriMet Brings Mobile Ticketing to Portland Commuters
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Pandora Reports Q1 Mobile Revenues to the Tune of $84m
- 1.5m Downloads for Amobee's Tu Me Burst Campaign
- Join Us for Our Making Sense of Mobile Advertising Webinar