Summer of Sport Doubles Betfair's Mobile Revenues
The number of mobile bets placed with Betfair jumped by 114 per cent between May and July. Mobile revenue increased 98 per cent over the three months, to £8.2m.
This growth helped pushed Betfair's core revenue up by 13 per cent on the previous quarter, to a total £91.6m.
The increase has been helped along by the Befair's growing mobile offering, including the relaunch of Android and iPad apps over the period, as well as fans betting on Euro 2012.
Half of Betfair's UK customers have now placed a mobile bet, while Betfair Australia showed similarly strong results, with 48 per cent of customers now placing wagers via smartphones.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Google Launches Play Music All Access, Reveals 900m Android Activations
- Jobs in Tech Start-ups Grow 22 Per Cent