ScanMe Utilises QR Codes for Social Networking
ScanMe has launched a free social media app based on personalised QR codes. The codes link to a smartphone-optimised page which collects a person or company's social networking pages - including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn - and contact details. The app is also incentivised, with users receiving 'ScanMe Points' every time their barcode is scanned. These points can be redeemed in the ScanMe store.
John Harrison, founder of ScanMe says: “My background is in custom clothing and product manufacture. This meant that putting barcodes onto merchandise was a natural step for me and I became increasingly excited about the possibilities of a social connection scanning service. The fact that our technology can tell you who, when, where and even what was scanned, has already led to a staggering flow of interest and new ideas for barcode-incorporated merchandise.”
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Video Report: Poster Child
- CorFire Partners with OLO to Bring Mobile Functionality to the Restaurant Industry
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business