Kinepolis Group Takes the Lead with Passbook
Kinepolis cinemas will be among the first to issue tickets to its Belgian, French and Spanish customers through Apple's mobile wallet app, Passbook. The app is part of the iOS 6 update which is available to iPhone users from today.
Passbook allows users to digitally store tickets, membership cards, customer loyalty cards and discount vouchers in one place on their phone. Apple users who have upgraded will no longer need to print a paper purchase confirmation to visit Kinepolis.
After a transaction via kinepolis.be, kinepolis.fr or kinepolis.es users can click the link in the confirmation e-mail to locate the digital barcode in Passbook. The ticket should automatically appear on-screen at the appropriate time and place. Staff will then scan it on arrival.
Issuing Kinepolis tickets with the Passbook app is a logical step forward in the evolution from online ticketing to mobile ticketing. Soon you will also be able to purchase cinema tickets with a mobile device such as a tablet or a smartphone.
Join us at Mobile Marketing Live, our new two-day conference, exhibition and networking event being held at London's Business Design Centre on 1-2 October
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- CorFire Partners with OLO to Bring Mobile Functionality to the Restaurant Industry
- Giraffe Launches Loyalty-Focused App
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business