Comet Launches Passbook-Friendly eGift Cards
With Christmas approaching, UK retailer Comet has launched its eGift Card programme, powered by CashStar. The digital gifts, which can be customised with the user's own text and images, can be sent by mobile, as well as Facebook and email.
The mobile vouchers are compatible with iOS 6's Passbook mobile wallet feature, with the option of receiving location-based alerts when they're near retail locations where they can redeem their gift cards.
“eGift Cards are increasingly popular in the consumer electronics industry and we’re seeing a growing demand from our customers. With Christmas less than three months away, enhancing the digital and mobile gift experience is one of our top priorities,” said Scott Evenden, general manager, corporate sales, at Comet. “CashStar’s digital gifting makes it possible for us to offer customers unique personalisation features, a fantastic recipient experience and end-to-end mobile optimisation.”
CashStar works with a range of brands in the US, but Comet is the first UK retailer to sign up to its platform.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Rob Thurner, Mobile Consultant, Author and Trainer Launches E-book
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live