British Airways Launches Perfect Days App
Riding high on its sponsorship of the Olympics, British Airways has launched an app to encourage users to crowdsource information on their favourite places.
Perfect Days, developed by 12th Floor - a consortium led by Ogilvy One - is available for iPhone only, and builds on a similar app developed for Facebook.
The concept is simple - users describe how they would spend their perfect days at locations the airline serves, supplemented with pictures, audio and more. Users can also browse what others have suggested and build their own itinerary.
Richard Bowden, British Airways’ digital marketing innovation manager, says: “We have taken the Perfect Days social media service a step further by providing an intuitive smartphone app, enabling customers to instantly view, capture and share their insider knowledge and travel trips about their favourite places, while they’re in-destination. Creating an iPhone app that’s integrated with Facebook, ensures creating a Perfect Day is easy and irresistible to share with friends and inspire fellow travellers."
Content on the app can be saved and used between the iPhone and Facebook apps.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Join Us for Our Making Sense of Mobile Advertising Webinar
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Glympse Launches SDK for App Location Integration